2020 is coming to an end, and it was a challenging year for us all.
If the Coronavirus pandemic has turned our reality upside-down, the international and Italian debates regarding Black and afro-descendant bodies, plural bodies, Citizenship, Women, gender, disability, climate and environmental issues have marked a sea change.
That’s why 2020 has also been the year of Opportunities for us at GRIOT. Opportunities to look inside, dig deeper and ask questions about who we are, where we are going and what we want for our society. Questions which we try to answer every day through our editorial content, by observing the world around us, by discussing with Italian and international artists, creatives, cultural producers, curators and institutions; by conceiving new ideas and spaces for sharing; by expanding our network.
We are guided by the desire to build and strengthen a sense of community using the means we have always used to express ourselves, means that belong to our DNA: culture, arts, creativity.
2021 will start with new projects and collaborations that we can’t wait to share. We have a lot of wishes for the new year, chiefly the hope that we will be less affected by Covid-19 and that we can resume more natural social interaction.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Peace of Mind’ | Arya: “I would never give my music up in the name of success” - January 21, 2021
- Watch these | 3 pieces of advice to ease your big-screen nostalgia - January 18, 2021
- Towards more social contact | GRIOT’s new projects and collaborations - December 30, 2020
- ‘Masterkush’ | This is the brand new PNKSAND - December 8, 2020
- Ibrahim Mahama e Melaku Belay (Fendika Cultural Center) receive 2020 Prince Claus Awards - December 6, 2020