Zoe is a director, videomaker and a lover of graffiti art, hip hop and black culture. Born and raised in Benedetto del Tronto, (Italy) she has been a regular at the social club (Social Centre) in her city ever since she was a young girl. She went to university in Bologna. After a variety of experience working in Italy, she moved to NYC where she has lived for around 8 years. For a long time she ran an art gallery, a space that organized street art exhibitions as well as art and dance performances. She will definitely return to Italy one day because she wants to stay close to her familty and doesn’t want to be an immigrant her whole life.
#TheExpatsSeries | The Untold Stories of Black Italians Abroad
The Expats is a web documentary series created and directed by Johanne Affricot, exploring the lives of Black Italians living abroad in search of new opportunities.
Each story focuses on a particular journey linking each expat to the path their own family took at some point in history.Discovering their new lives, work, being Italian in a foreign country and in Italy, of recognising and rejecting identities, of racism, of love for and delusion with their own country, ideas on music, art, and creativity.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Mélissa Laveaux en conversation avec Lala &ce - September 4, 2020
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020