The British-Nigerian grime MC was conferred with the Chieftaincy title in Ogun State, Nigeria, in what he describes as an unforgettable day. During the ceremony, which his fans had the pleasure to experience through his live insta-stories, Skepta was given the title of “Amuludun of Odo-Aje”—Chief Entertainer—by the Odo-Aje community chiefs.
In a post showing him in a wonderful traditional Agbada, the MC stated: “Thank you to the Baale, Chiefs of Odo Aje and King for presenting me with my Chieftaincy title today. I am honoured and will continue to put time and love into Nigeria, especially the community of Odo Aje.”
A great honour for a great artist.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- The 8th edition of 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair is almost here - October 3, 2020
- Mélissa Laveaux en conversation avec Lala &ce - September 4, 2020
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020