After revolutionising fashion in the hip hop world in the 1990s, Wu-Wear – the first brand ever launched by a rap group – is finally back.
Wu-Tang Clan’s notorious clothing line is returning with Renaissance a collection devised under the new creative direction of the german designers Donaldson Sackey and Sainey Sidibeh.
The 10 pieces collection will be available very soon, reportedly in either July or August, though the official launch date hasn’t been confirmed yet.
In the 1990s Wu-Wear wasn’t just a clothing brand, it brought about a whole new lifestyle, the Wu Style. With Renaissance Sackey and Sidibeh are now aiming at bringing back a new revisited vibe still maintaining the typical nineties’ elements, including the iconic Wu-Tang Clan logo.
While we look forward to wearing this new collection, have a look at the preview on the brand’s Instagram page and listen to Wu-Tang Clan’s new single released a couple of weeks ago for tv show Silicon Valley via Mass Appeal.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by Celine Angbeletchy (see all)
- ‘Le Jeune’ | Get lost in QuinzeQuinze’s joyful sonic apocalypse - January 8, 2021
- Track by track inside Technoir’s new album, ‘Never Trust The Algorithm’ - November 5, 2020
- Meshell Ndegeocello | “Mainstream thinking isn’t relevant anymore. If you have an opportunity, take it.” - October 14, 2020
- Sonic fantasies disrupting society | Dhanveer Singh Brar’s new book explores Dean Blunt’s music aesthetics - September 30, 2020
- Five end-of-summer albums you should check out now - September 17, 2020