“This is a video of men kissing men.” And that’s exactly what happens. Men affectionately kissing each other, with love and passion, holding each other at the waist, with a feeling you could only understand if you’ve ever engaged in it yourself. This project goes far beyond the intangible. It is a powerful form of digital awareness.
We love the glitter and the fun but we are realists, so to support causes (and people) we believe in, we also have to keep in mind the economic factor: for every homophobic comment made about the video, one dollar will be donated to the victims of the shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando and their families (now don’t purposely leave homophobic comments because you’ll be taking away from the honesty of this project, in addition to playing a dangerous game.)
Dylan Marron and Seriously TV have cleverly figured out how to troll the trolls by turning something negative into a positive.
Text | Griot contributor Giulia Crippa
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- The 8th edition of 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair is almost here - October 3, 2020
- Mélissa Laveaux en conversation avec Lala &ce - September 4, 2020
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020