What is behind the creation of a collection? You can see it in this silent film, with no soundtrack, sharing the story behind the scenes of the Yeezy Season 2, Kanye West’s latest collection.
The absence of sounds makes you focus on certain elements that would otherwise be lost: from the sketches to the choice of materials, from the precision in the sewing of the fabrics to the dyes and the machines.
If to a first look, only sight is involved, the documentary involves also hearing, touch and smell, clearly showing the creative approach of Kanye and his team. Chapeau.
Watch Yeezy season 2 on Yeezy Supply.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020
- ‘INNER’ | Italian-Congolese producer BLCKEBY invites us to join his inner world - May 23, 2020
- ‘Made in Africa’ | Netflix celebrates Africa month with over 100 films, series and docs - May 19, 2020