What is behind the creation of a collection? You can see it in this silent film, with no soundtrack, sharing the story behind the scenes of the Yeezy Season 2, Kanye West’s latest collection.
The absence of sounds makes you focus on certain elements that would otherwise be lost: from the sketches to the choice of materials, from the precision in the sewing of the fabrics to the dyes and the machines.
If to a first look, only sight is involved, the documentary involves also hearing, touch and smell, clearly showing the creative approach of Kanye and his team. Chapeau.
Watch Yeezy season 2 on Yeezy Supply.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Not Fully Human, Not Human At All’ explores Europe’s processes of dehumanization - November 15, 2020
- Boubacar Boris Diop | Decolonizing African literature begins with language - November 10, 2020
- ‘PARALLELS AND PERIPHERIES: Fractals and Fragments’ - November 9, 2020
- Home Museum | Lagos Photo Festival’s 11th edition is about a Rapid Response Restitution - November 7, 2020
- The 8th edition of 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair is almost here - October 3, 2020