What happens when eight performers from one of the most successful shows of the last year, STOMP (currently on stage), join some of the stars from the most “spectacular” basketball team ever, the Harlem Globetrotters?
An open air show rhythmed by the skills of the acrobatics of basketball and by the fundamentals of the drums (here, a basketball).
Despite the blaring sirens of ambulances, the noisy city traffic and the rambunctious children on break, it took only seven takes to shoot this video, all in one continuous take, recorded live, with no cuts or editing.
An exclusive collaboration directed by the co-creators of STOMP, Luke Cresswell and Steve McNicholas, inaugurating the Globetrotters’ US tour, celebrating their 90th anniversary.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020
- ‘INNER’ | Italian-Congolese producer BLCKEBY invites us to join his inner world - May 23, 2020