What happens when eight performers from one of the most successful shows of the last year, STOMP (currently on stage), join some of the stars from the most “spectacular” basketball team ever, the Harlem Globetrotters?
An open air show rhythmed by the skills of the acrobatics of basketball and by the fundamentals of the drums (here, a basketball).
Despite the blaring sirens of ambulances, the noisy city traffic and the rambunctious children on break, it took only seven takes to shoot this video, all in one continuous take, recorded live, with no cuts or editing.
An exclusive collaboration directed by the co-creators of STOMP, Luke Cresswell and Steve McNicholas, inaugurating the Globetrotters’ US tour, celebrating their 90th anniversary.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Not Fully Human, Not Human At All’ explores Europe’s processes of dehumanization - November 15, 2020
- Boubacar Boris Diop | Decolonizing African literature begins with language - November 10, 2020
- ‘PARALLELS AND PERIPHERIES: Fractals and Fragments’ - November 9, 2020
- Home Museum | Lagos Photo Festival’s 11th edition is about a Rapid Response Restitution - November 7, 2020
- The 8th edition of 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair is almost here - October 3, 2020