Italian-Sierra Leonean producer, rapper and musician Laïoung has just launched his latest music video Vengo Dal Basso – I come from the bottom – featuring Guè Pequeno.
The video, directed by Angelo Guaracino, has pretty clear references to Tarantino’s Djaango Unchained and The Hateful Eight resulting in Laioung’s message being even louder.
“So chi sono, lo sanno anche loro, meriterò il trono e ogni cosa avrà il suo tempo. Ed è meglio così. Vengo dal Basso e voliamo alto. E non dimenticherò che vengo dal basso…Loro raccontano storie e noi scriviamo la storia – I know who I am, they know it too, I will deserve the throne, there’s a time for everything. I come from the bottom but we are flying high. I won’t forget I come from the bottom … They tell stories but we are writing history”
The track is just a taste of his debut album Ave Cesare – Veni, Vidi, Vici – Hail Caesar – I came, I saw, I conquered – set to be released with Sony on April 21st. The album also contains the hits Giovane Giovane -Young Young – and Faccio Quel che Voglio – I Do What I Want.
The countdown is on.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Pathways | Watch Eniye Kagbala’s new mesmerising short-film - May 25, 2018
- ‘Roll – Burbank Funk’ | The Internet’s comeback is a funk explosion - May 4, 2018
- Returning the Colonial Gaze | African filmmakers are finally given voice - April 30, 2018
- Afropunk lands in Senegal with The Takeover-Dakar - April 29, 2018
- Skepta is now a Chief in Ogun State, Nigeria - April 6, 2018