Red, yellow, blue, mint, pink and black. These are the colours of the first hat collection designed and created by Southafrican stylist and photographer Trevor Stuurman in collaboration with Simon & Mary.
The collection, launched by Stuurman on Instagram, pays homage to Debele culture. “The colours of this collection were inspired by Ndebele beadwork. Somehow the shape of the Ndebele bracelets reminded me of the fez silhouette. It felt like a natural fit and new translation of the culture,” the photographer revealed.
Stuurman and the team involved in the visual campaing (there’s also one of our favorite performer, Manthe Ribane) freestyled the entire lookbook.
You can find the the FEZ hat collection at The Space stores.
Italiano: The FEZ | Trevor Stuurman lancia una collezione di capelli con Simon & Mary
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- THE REPRESENTATION OF AFRO-DESCENDANTS IN LUIGI CHRISTOPHER VEGGETTI KANKU’S PAINTINGS - March 25, 2020
- Coronavirus | What is the challenge ahead? We don’t know, but we are ready - March 21, 2020
- ‘Roots for a Crown’ | “Black hair is the aesthetic marker of ancestral identity” - March 13, 2020
- Trap Bob | Fighting against discrimination through illustration - March 6, 2020
- Biennials and Triennials to visit in 2020 - February 27, 2020