Red, yellow, blue, mint, pink and black. These are the colours of the first hat collection designed and created by Southafrican stylist and photographer Trevor Stuurman in collaboration with Simon & Mary.
The collection, launched by Stuurman on Instagram, pays homage to Debele culture. “The colours of this collection were inspired by Ndebele beadwork. Somehow the shape of the Ndebele bracelets reminded me of the fez silhouette. It felt like a natural fit and new translation of the culture,” the photographer revealed.
Stuurman and the team involved in the visual campaing (there’s also one of our favorite performer, Manthe Ribane) freestyled the entire lookbook.
You can find the the FEZ hat collection at The Space stores.
Italiano: The FEZ | Trevor Stuurman lancia una collezione di capelli con Simon & Mary
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Motherland ▷ Mélissa Laveaux | On Edmonia Lewis and Radio Sywèl - January 15, 2018
- GRIOT X Jazz:Re:Found | What went on at ‘Sangue Misto – Sound, Identity and Representation’ - December 12, 2017
- GRIOT lands at Jazz:Re:Found with the events ‘Sangue Misto’ - November 22, 2017
- Motherland ▷ Technoir - November 6, 2017
- Black Girl Festival | The first festival dedicated to black British female creativity is on! - October 27, 2017