Red, yellow, blue, mint, pink and black. These are the colours of the first hat collection designed and created by Southafrican stylist and photographer Trevor Stuurman in collaboration with Simon & Mary.
The collection, launched by Stuurman on Instagram, pays homage to Debele culture. “The colours of this collection were inspired by Ndebele beadwork. Somehow the shape of the Ndebele bracelets reminded me of the fez silhouette. It felt like a natural fit and new translation of the culture,” the photographer revealed.
Stuurman and the team involved in the visual campaing (there’s also one of our favorite performer, Manthe Ribane) freestyled the entire lookbook.
You can find the the FEZ hat collection at The Space stores.
Italiano: The FEZ | Trevor Stuurman lancia una collezione di capelli con Simon & Mary
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020