Red, yellow, blue, mint, pink and black. These are the colours of the first hat collection designed and created by Southafrican stylist and photographer Trevor Stuurman in collaboration with Simon & Mary.
The collection, launched by Stuurman on Instagram, pays homage to Debele culture. “The colours of this collection were inspired by Ndebele beadwork. Somehow the shape of the Ndebele bracelets reminded me of the fez silhouette. It felt like a natural fit and new translation of the culture,” the photographer revealed.
Stuurman and the team involved in the visual campaing (there’s also one of our favorite performer, Manthe Ribane) freestyled the entire lookbook.
You can find the the FEZ hat collection at The Space stores.
Italiano: The FEZ | Trevor Stuurman lancia una collezione di capelli con Simon & Mary
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Taste of the Heavens’ | Joviale gives us a glimpse of paradise in her new video - July 30, 2019
- ‘Mirrors’ | Contemporary Dance, Video Art, Music recount “Italia, Culture, Africa” - May 28, 2019
- ‘Hawi’ | Ethiopia has its first female comic supershero - March 28, 2019
- Okwui Enwezor | A pillar of global contemporary art has died - March 16, 2019
- Fast Color | Mothers are the real superheroes | Watch the trailer - March 4, 2019