On the occasion of the event we organized with the American Academy in Rome, Afro Italians in the Arts Today, GRIOT asked Italian Haitian designer Stella Jean, Italian Ghanian director Fred Kuwornu, Italian Angolan writer Antonio Dikele Distefano and Italian Eritrean tv and radio host Wintana Rezene, how cultural hybridity will influence the Italian creative and artistic scene, today and tomorrow.
These four creatives through their work are enriching the “Made in Italy – nationally and internationally – and also representing a point of reference both for a new generation of Italians – born from migrants that eventually chose to stay in Italy – who sometimes struggle to find a place in the Italian society, and for Italians in general.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Biennials and Triennials to visit in 2020 - February 27, 2020
- MOTHERLAND ▷ Sasha Huber - February 5, 2020
- Here is what our ‘(Memorie) In Ascolto [Listening Memories] looked like - November 28, 2019
- ‘(Memorie) In Ascolto’ | Feed the memory, strengthen the memory, transmit the memory - November 28, 2019
- ‘Living Grains’ | Ibrahim Mahama’s first solo exhibition in Rome - November 18, 2019