On the occasion of the event we organized with the American Academy in Rome, Afro Italians in the Arts Today, GRIOT asked Italian Haitian designer Stella Jean, Italian Ghanian director Fred Kuwornu, Italian Angolan writer Antonio Dikele Distefano and Italian Eritrean tv and radio host Wintana Rezene, how cultural hybridity will influence the Italian creative and artistic scene, today and tomorrow.
These four creatives through their work are enriching the “Made in Italy – nationally and internationally – and also representing a point of reference both for a new generation of Italians – born from migrants that eventually chose to stay in Italy – who sometimes struggle to find a place in the Italian society, and for Italians in general.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Taste of the Heavens’ | Joviale gives us a glimpse of paradise in her new video - July 30, 2019
- ‘Mirrors’ | Contemporary Dance, Video Art, Music recount “Italia, Culture, Africa” - May 28, 2019
- ‘Hawi’ | Ethiopia has its first female comic supershero - March 28, 2019
- Okwui Enwezor | A pillar of global contemporary art has died - March 16, 2019
- Fast Color | Mothers are the real superheroes | Watch the trailer - March 4, 2019