The fifth London edition of 1:54 Contemporary African Art Fair is opening its doors on October 5, in the stunning Somerset House.
The fair is hosting more than 130 emerging and estabilsihed artists from 18 countries across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and North America. Among the 42 exhibitors this year are 18 galleries from Africa, while 12 new galleries will be welcomed to the fair for the first time.
The fair will also see a collateral exhibition programme in Somerset House, and host FORUM, the fair’s extensive talks programme, including artists’ conversations, film screenings and panel discussions with international artists and cultural producers. FORUM is curated by Koyo Kouoh – Artistic Director, RAW Material Company, Dakar.
And there’s some exciting news: in 2018, the fair will be hosted for the first time in Africa for the first edition of 1:54 Marrakech (February 24-25.)
Find more info here.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020