The fifth London edition of 1:54 Contemporary African Art Fair is opening its doors on October 5, in the stunning Somerset House.
The fair is hosting more than 130 emerging and estabilsihed artists from 18 countries across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and North America. Among the 42 exhibitors this year are 18 galleries from Africa, while 12 new galleries will be welcomed to the fair for the first time.
The fair will also see a collateral exhibition programme in Somerset House, and host FORUM, the fair’s extensive talks programme, including artists’ conversations, film screenings and panel discussions with international artists and cultural producers. FORUM is curated by Koyo Kouoh – Artistic Director, RAW Material Company, Dakar.
And there’s some exciting news: in 2018, the fair will be hosted for the first time in Africa for the first edition of 1:54 Marrakech (February 24-25.)
Find more info here.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Hawi’ | Ethiopia has its first female comic supershero - March 28, 2019
- Okwui Enwezor | A pillar of global contemporary art has died - March 16, 2019
- Fast Color | Mothers are the real superheroes | Watch the trailer - March 4, 2019
- Dino d’Santiago | A global phenomenon symbolising union and cultural contamination - February 19, 2019
- ‘A seat at the table’ | Decontstructing perspective and perceptions - February 7, 2019