Yes, you read that right. Voting for Trump is like asking the legend of soul music Stevie Wonder to drive. That’s what Stevie said.
During an interview with a journalist after a concert for Hilary Clinton, Wonder was asked “Why are you doing this?” to which he replied “My youngest child is one year old. She is a junior millennial. So I’m looking at the future. And I’ll give you a point of reference. As much as you have great love for me and you think I’m funny and la la la la la and I make you laugh and all that, if you had an emergency situation and needed to go to the hospital, and you had to get there right away, would you want me driving your car?” The reporter answered “no.” And Wonder went on asking “Because I am not an expert driver, right?”. “No. You wouldn’t be on top of my list.”
Stevie, thank you for existing in our life!
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Mélissa Laveaux en conversation avec Lala &ce - September 4, 2020
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020