Yes, you read that right. Voting for Trump is like asking the legend of soul music Stevie Wonder to drive. That’s what Stevie said.
During an interview with a journalist after a concert for Hilary Clinton, Wonder was asked “Why are you doing this?” to which he replied “My youngest child is one year old. She is a junior millennial. So I’m looking at the future. And I’ll give you a point of reference. As much as you have great love for me and you think I’m funny and la la la la la and I make you laugh and all that, if you had an emergency situation and needed to go to the hospital, and you had to get there right away, would you want me driving your car?” The reporter answered “no.” And Wonder went on asking “Because I am not an expert driver, right?”. “No. You wouldn’t be on top of my list.”
Stevie, thank you for existing in our life!
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Here is what our ‘(Memorie) In Ascolto [Listening Memories] looked like - November 28, 2019
- ‘(Memorie) In Ascolto’ | Feed the memory, strengthen the memory, transmit the memory - November 28, 2019
- ‘Living Grains’ | Ibrahim Mahama’s first solo exhibition in Rome - November 18, 2019
- Blue, purple, red | Women, blackness, injustice and revoultion in Mary Sibande’s Uk solo show - November 13, 2019
- A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM | Deconstructing stereotypes at Photo Vogue Festival - November 7, 2019