The British-Nigerian grime MC was conferred with the Chieftaincy title in Ogun State, Nigeria, in what he describes as an unforgettable day. During the ceremony, which his fans had the pleasure to experience through his live insta-stories, Skepta was given the title of “Amuludun of Odo-Aje”—Chief Entertainer—by the Odo-Aje community chiefs.
In a post showing him in a wonderful traditional Agbada, the MC stated: “Thank you to the Baale, Chiefs of Odo Aje and King for presenting me with my Chieftaincy title today. I am honoured and will continue to put time and love into Nigeria, especially the community of Odo Aje.”
A great honour for a great artist.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- MOTHERLAND ▷ Sanford Biggers| Construction, Deconstruction, Reconstruction - September 24, 2018
- Wiley is hitting the screens with a biopic on his early life - May 30, 2018
- Pathways | Watch Eniye Kagbala’s new mesmerising short-film - May 25, 2018
- ‘Roll – Burbank Funk’ | The Internet’s comeback is a funk explosion - May 4, 2018
- Returning the Colonial Gaze | African filmmakers are finally given voice - April 30, 2018