The British-Nigerian grime MC was conferred with the Chieftaincy title in Ogun State, Nigeria, in what he describes as an unforgettable day. During the ceremony, which his fans had the pleasure to experience through his live insta-stories, Skepta was given the title of “Amuludun of Odo-Aje”—Chief Entertainer—by the Odo-Aje community chiefs.
In a post showing him in a wonderful traditional Agbada, the MC stated: “Thank you to the Baale, Chiefs of Odo Aje and King for presenting me with my Chieftaincy title today. I am honoured and will continue to put time and love into Nigeria, especially the community of Odo Aje.”
A great honour for a great artist.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Skepta is now a Chief in Ogun State, Nigeria - April 6, 2018
- Bacardi House pioneer DJ Spoko passed away - March 21, 2018
- 1:54 | Watch Touria El Glaoui Ted Talk on the power of art for Africa and its diaspora. - February 7, 2018
- Noura Tafeche on her transcultural dreamlike worlds - February 7, 2018
- Azzedine Alaïa: Le Couturier | The Design Museum exhibition opens in spring - January 17, 2018