The British-Nigerian grime MC was conferred with the Chieftaincy title in Ogun State, Nigeria, in what he describes as an unforgettable day. During the ceremony, which his fans had the pleasure to experience through his live insta-stories, Skepta was given the title of “Amuludun of Odo-Aje”—Chief Entertainer—by the Odo-Aje community chiefs.
In a post showing him in a wonderful traditional Agbada, the MC stated: “Thank you to the Baale, Chiefs of Odo Aje and King for presenting me with my Chieftaincy title today. I am honoured and will continue to put time and love into Nigeria, especially the community of Odo Aje.”
A great honour for a great artist.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Mirrors’ | Contemporary Dance, Video Art, Music recount “Italia, Culture, Africa” - May 28, 2019
- ‘Hawi’ | Ethiopia has its first female comic supershero - March 28, 2019
- Okwui Enwezor | A pillar of global contemporary art has died - March 16, 2019
- Fast Color | Mothers are the real superheroes | Watch the trailer - March 4, 2019
- Dino d’Santiago | A global phenomenon symbolising union and cultural contamination - February 19, 2019