The British-Nigerian grime MC was conferred with the Chieftaincy title in Ogun State, Nigeria, in what he describes as an unforgettable day. During the ceremony, which his fans had the pleasure to experience through his live insta-stories, Skepta was given the title of “Amuludun of Odo-Aje”—Chief Entertainer—by the Odo-Aje community chiefs.
In a post showing him in a wonderful traditional Agbada, the MC stated: “Thank you to the Baale, Chiefs of Odo Aje and King for presenting me with my Chieftaincy title today. I am honoured and will continue to put time and love into Nigeria, especially the community of Odo Aje.”
A great honour for a great artist.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘INNER’ | Italian-Congolese producer BLCKEBY invites us to join his inner world - May 23, 2020
- ‘Made in Africa’ | Netflix celebrates Africa month with over 100 films, series and docs - May 19, 2020
- ‘Barber Shop Chronicles’ is now streaming for free - May 18, 2020
- ‘Standing In Line’ | David Blank leaves his comfort zone with four new singles - May 12, 2020
- Moses Sumney’s ‘Cut Me’ performance is impressive - May 11, 2020