After revolutionising fashion in the hip hop world in the 1990s, Wu-Wear – the first brand ever launched by a rap group – is finally back.
Wu-Tang Clan’s notorious clothing line is returning with Renaissance a collection devised under the new creative direction of the german designers Donaldson Sackey and Sainey Sidibeh.
The 10 pieces collection will be available very soon, reportedly in either July or August, though the official launch date hasn’t been confirmed yet.
In the 1990s Wu-Wear wasn’t just a clothing brand, it brought about a whole new lifestyle, the Wu Style. With Renaissance Sackey and Sidibeh are now aiming at bringing back a new revisited vibe still maintaining the typical nineties’ elements, including the iconic Wu-Tang Clan logo.
While we look forward to wearing this new collection, have a look at the preview on the brand’s Instagram page and listen to Wu-Tang Clan’s new single released a couple of weeks ago for tv show Silicon Valley via Mass Appeal.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by Celine Angbeletchy (see all)
- Renaissance | Wu-Tang Clan’s 90s clothing line is back - July 16, 2017
- Azulejos by Populous | Digital cumbia and sense of civic duty - July 16, 2017
- Dev Hynes ran a workshop for LGBTQ youth - July 5, 2017
- Klein, the unorthodox female producer we were all waiting for - June 22, 2017
- Samito kicks off summer tour with mixtape feat. FlavieH - June 15, 2017