Griot founder and creative director has been invited to curate a Guest Room online exhibition over at Der Greif, award-winning international organization for contemporary photography.
The aim of Guest Room is to spark collaborations. That’s why Johanne Affricot chose to team up with Silvia Rosi in choosing the theme for the installment.
Silvia is an Italian/Togolaise, London-based artist working with photography, text and video to explore ideas of memory, origins and diaspora. She is the recipient of the Jerwood Photoworks Awards (2020)
Silvia provided the following quote by Chinua Achebe from the novel Things Fall Apart as a framework for your submissions: “There is no story that is not true […] The world has no end, and what is good among one people is an abomination with others.”
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK AND DEADLINE
Cover Image | Johanne Affricot (left) and Silvia Rosi (right)
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Peace of Mind’ | Arya: “I would never give my music up in the name of success” - January 21, 2021
- Watch these | 3 pieces of advice to ease your big-screen nostalgia - January 18, 2021
- Towards more social contact | GRIOT’s new projects and collaborations - December 30, 2020
- ‘Masterkush’ | This is the brand new PNKSAND - December 8, 2020
- Ibrahim Mahama e Melaku Belay (Fendika Cultural Center) receive 2020 Prince Claus Awards - December 6, 2020