Griot founder and creative director has been invited to curate a Guest Room online exhibition over at Der Greif, award-winning international organization for contemporary photography.
The aim of Guest Room is to spark collaborations. That’s why Johanne Affricot chose to team up with Silvia Rosi in choosing the theme for the installment.
Silvia is an Italian/Togolaise, London-based artist working with photography, text and video to explore ideas of memory, origins and diaspora. She is the recipient of the Jerwood Photoworks Awards (2020)
Silvia provided the following quote by Chinua Achebe from the novel Things Fall Apart as a framework for your submissions: “There is no story that is not true […] The world has no end, and what is good among one people is an abomination with others.”
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK AND DEADLINE
Cover Image | Johanne Affricot (left) and Silvia Rosi (right)
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020
- ‘INNER’ | Italian-Congolese producer BLCKEBY invites us to join his inner world - May 23, 2020
- ‘Made in Africa’ | Netflix celebrates Africa month with over 100 films, series and docs - May 19, 2020