In the first episode of Motherland ▷ we meet David Blank, Italian Nigerian singer-songwriter.
Born and raised in Italy, David moved to London at the age of 16. For the past three years, he performed in some of the most important runway shows of Italian and international emerging designers. He was also selected for X Factor Italia’s bootcamp.
His powerful and deep voice made him gain the attention of internationally renowned Italian singer Laura Pausini, who chose David as a back singer for her last European tour.
We met Davin in Milan and talked about his first and new single, Stasera No, which anticipates the release of his debut album Cuor Leggero, his life and music influences, Michael Jackson and his father, and the role fashion played during his youth.
Motherland ▷ is the new GRIOT TV section featuring exclusive interviews and documentaries with the artists, cultural producers, and creatives who inspire us the most.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020