In the first episode of Motherland ▷ we meet David Blank, Italian Nigerian singer-songwriter.
Born and raised in Italy, David moved to London at the age of 16. For the past three years, he performed in some of the most important runway shows of Italian and international emerging designers. He was also selected for X Factor Italia’s bootcamp.
His powerful and deep voice made him gain the attention of internationally renowned Italian singer Laura Pausini, who chose David as a back singer for her last European tour.
We met Davin in Milan and talked about his first and new single, Stasera No, which anticipates the release of his debut album Cuor Leggero, his life and music influences, Michael Jackson and his father, and the role fashion played during his youth.
Motherland ▷ is the new GRIOT TV section featuring exclusive interviews and documentaries with the artists, cultural producers, and creatives who inspire us the most.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- THE REPRESENTATION OF AFRO-DESCENDANTS IN LUIGI CHRISTOPHER VEGGETTI KANKU’S PAINTINGS - March 25, 2020
- Coronavirus | What is the challenge ahead? We don’t know, but we are ready - March 21, 2020
- ‘Roots for a Crown’ | “Black hair is the aesthetic marker of ancestral identity” - March 13, 2020
- Trap Bob | Fighting against discrimination through illustration - March 6, 2020
- Biennials and Triennials to visit in 2020 - February 27, 2020