Sardinia is a magic, powerful land with a millenary history that is often negletced. Vhelade is an artist who comes from this land and also from Congo. Her childhood and adolescescence have been amazing thanks to her crazy parents, both artists and musicians, who made her live incredible experiences and shaped her path.
After 11 years working on TV with the Italian presenter Piero Chiambretti, Vhelade decided to turn over a new leaf and devote herself to music. The result of this decision was a two-year- long journey, an album, Afrosarda, in which Vhelade talks about her life vision, her philosophy, respect and equality, showing her Sardinian and black pride.
Created and Directed by | Johanne Affricot
Camera and Editing | Marco Brunelli
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Àsìkò’s visual representation of emotions | The personal becomes universal - August 7, 2020
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020