Sardinia is a magic, powerful land with a millenary history that is often negletced. Vhelade is an artist who comes from this land and also from Congo. Her childhood and adolescescence have been amazing thanks to her crazy parents, both artists and musicians, who made her live incredible experiences and shaped her path.
After 11 years working on TV with the Italian presenter Piero Chiambretti, Vhelade decided to turn over a new leaf and devote herself to music. The result of this decision was a two-year- long journey, an album, Afrosarda, in which Vhelade talks about her life vision, her philosophy, respect and equality, showing her Sardinian and black pride.
Created and Directed by | Johanne Affricot
Camera and Editing | Marco Brunelli
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘7 Directions’ | Nkisi’s debut album investigates the Bantu-Kongo cosmology - February 7, 2019
- ‘Darkess At Play’ | Anais faces the world’s dichotomies in new album - January 29, 2019
- Bombino | The grammy-nominee putting Niger on the music map - January 22, 2019
- ‘Ina (Light)’ | Fighting the darkness of oppression through dance - January 10, 2019
- A conversation with Bonjay | On a quest for the perfect sound - January 7, 2019