Sardinia is a magic, powerful land with a millenary history that is often negletced. Vhelade is an artist who comes from this land and also from Congo. Her childhood and adolescescence have been amazing thanks to her crazy parents, both artists and musicians, who made her live incredible experiences and shaped her path.
After 11 years working on TV with the Italian presenter Piero Chiambretti, Vhelade decided to turn over a new leaf and devote herself to music. The result of this decision was a two-year- long journey, an album, Afrosarda, in which Vhelade talks about her life vision, her philosophy, respect and equality, showing her Sardinian and black pride.
Created and Directed by | Johanne Affricot
Camera and Editing | Marco Brunelli
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Pathways | Watch Eniye Kagbala’s new mesmerising short-film - May 25, 2018
- ‘Roll – Burbank Funk’ | The Internet’s comeback is a funk explosion - May 4, 2018
- Returning the Colonial Gaze | African filmmakers are finally given voice - April 30, 2018
- Afropunk lands in Senegal with The Takeover-Dakar - April 29, 2018
- Skepta is now a Chief in Ogun State, Nigeria - April 6, 2018