Do you remember Ibeyi – the French-Cuban twins that blew us away a few year ago with Oya, River, the amazing Mama Says and many other incredible tunes? Well, Lisa-Kaindé and Naomi Diaz are back with a new single Lost in My Mind.
If they had got us used to Afro-Cuban downtempo soul this track has definitely got a more electronic sound, but that doesn’t take away from the deepness of the lyrics about self exploration and finding your way out from the frenetic confusion of our thoughts.
Listen to it here.
Featured Image | Ibey (c) Wunmi Onibudo
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- The 5th London edition of 1:54 Contemporary Art Fair is about to begin - October 1, 2017
- Seventy States | The new exhibit by Solange at Tate Modern - September 4, 2017
- Trevor Stuurman launches The Fez Hat collection with Simon & Mary - September 2, 2017
- Let Nyege Nyege Festival begin - September 1, 2017
- Proud To be Black | Italian racism in the days of Samuel L. Jackson and Magic Johnson - August 24, 2017