Do you remember Ibeyi – the French-Cuban twins that blew us away a few year ago with Oya, River, the amazing Mama Says and many other incredible tunes? Well, Lisa-Kaindé and Naomi Diaz are back with a new single Lost in My Mind.
If they had got us used to Afro-Cuban downtempo soul this track has definitely got a more electronic sound, but that doesn’t take away from the deepness of the lyrics about self exploration and finding your way out from the frenetic confusion of our thoughts.
Listen to it here.
Featured Image | Ibey (c) Wunmi Onibudo
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Hot Ice | Spoek Mathambo and Lars Iversen’s new project - April 22, 2017
- Vengo dal Basso | Laïoung’s new video featuring Guè Pequeno is writing history - March 31, 2017
- No Sleep | A book for ’90s flyer art nostalgics - March 22, 2017
- Adrienne Fidelin | Man Ray’s “Missing Muse” was the first black model in an American fashion magazine - March 9, 2017
- Lost In My Mind | Ibeyi are back with new charming single - March 2, 2017