Do you remember Ibeyi – the French-Cuban twins that blew us away a few year ago with Oya, River, the amazing Mama Says and many other incredible tunes? Well, Lisa-Kaindé and Naomi Diaz are back with a new single Lost in My Mind.
If they had got us used to Afro-Cuban downtempo soul this track has definitely got a more electronic sound, but that doesn’t take away from the deepness of the lyrics about self exploration and finding your way out from the frenetic confusion of our thoughts.
Listen to it here.
Featured Image | Ibey (c) Wunmi Onibudo
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Pitti Uomo 92 | 10 Photographers have their say - June 16, 2017
- DJ Lag King of Gqom strikes again with a free EP via Whatsapp - June 12, 2017
- Motherland ▷ David Blank, ‘Stasera No’ [Not Tonight] - June 8, 2017
- Guggenheim | You can now download over 200 art books for free - June 1, 2017
- Hot Ice | Spoek Mathambo and Lars Iversen’s new project - April 22, 2017