Do you remember Ibeyi – the French-Cuban twins that blew us away a few year ago with Oya, River, the amazing Mama Says and many other incredible tunes? Well, Lisa-Kaindé and Naomi Diaz are back with a new single Lost in My Mind.
If they had got us used to Afro-Cuban downtempo soul this track has definitely got a more electronic sound, but that doesn’t take away from the deepness of the lyrics about self exploration and finding your way out from the frenetic confusion of our thoughts.
Listen to it here.
Featured Image | Ibey (c) Wunmi Onibudo
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Pathways | Watch Eniye Kagbala’s new mesmerising short-film - May 25, 2018
- ‘Roll – Burbank Funk’ | The Internet’s comeback is a funk explosion - May 4, 2018
- Returning the Colonial Gaze | African filmmakers are finally given voice - April 30, 2018
- Afropunk lands in Senegal with The Takeover-Dakar - April 29, 2018
- Skepta is now a Chief in Ogun State, Nigeria - April 6, 2018