A few months after the release of his first EP Dj Lag managed to impress again.
The so called “gqom king” just dropped a video via Fact Magazine for the track Ice Drop taken from the EP that came out last November on Goon Club Allstars.
This amazing video takes straight to Kwa-Dabeka in Durban SA. The stunning drone shots not only describe the landscapes of Dj Lag’s township but its cultural complexity and its music and dance scene.
What’s more, the iconic taxis surrounding skilful bhenga dancers – like the Mexican Boys – are diligently captured by director Chris Kets.
If Woza Taxi hadn’t been enough, this video will make you want to go straight to Durban.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Pitti Uomo 92 | 10 Photographers have their say - June 16, 2017
- DJ Lag King of Gqom strikes again with a free EP via Whatsapp - June 12, 2017
- Motherland ▷ David Blank, ‘Stasera No’ [Not Tonight] - June 8, 2017
- Guggenheim | You can now download over 200 art books for free - June 1, 2017
- Hot Ice | Spoek Mathambo and Lars Iversen’s new project - April 22, 2017