A few months after the release of his first EP Dj Lag managed to impress again.
The so called “gqom king” just dropped a video via Fact Magazine for the track Ice Drop taken from the EP that came out last November on Goon Club Allstars.
This amazing video takes straight to Kwa-Dabeka in Durban SA. The stunning drone shots not only describe the landscapes of Dj Lag’s township but its cultural complexity and its music and dance scene.
What’s more, the iconic taxis surrounding skilful bhenga dancers – like the Mexican Boys – are diligently captured by director Chris Kets.
If Woza Taxi hadn’t been enough, this video will make you want to go straight to Durban.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- The 5th London edition of 1:54 Contemporary Art Fair is about to begin - October 1, 2017
- Seventy States | The new exhibit by Solange at Tate Modern - September 4, 2017
- Trevor Stuurman launches The Fez Hat collection with Simon & Mary - September 2, 2017
- Let Nyege Nyege Festival begin - September 1, 2017
- Proud To be Black | Italian racism in the days of Samuel L. Jackson and Magic Johnson - August 24, 2017