A few months after the release of his first EP Dj Lag managed to impress again.
The so called “gqom king” just dropped a video via Fact Magazine for the track Ice Drop taken from the EP that came out last November on Goon Club Allstars.
This amazing video takes straight to Kwa-Dabeka in Durban SA. The stunning drone shots not only describe the landscapes of Dj Lag’s township but its cultural complexity and its music and dance scene.
What’s more, the iconic taxis surrounding skilful bhenga dancers – like the Mexican Boys – are diligently captured by director Chris Kets.
If Woza Taxi hadn’t been enough, this video will make you want to go straight to Durban.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- ‘Dancing at Dusk’ | 38 dancers from 14 African countries restage Pina Bausch’s ‘The Rite of Spring’ - July 24, 2020
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020
- ‘INNER’ | Italian-Congolese producer BLCKEBY invites us to join his inner world - May 23, 2020