A few months after the release of his first EP Dj Lag managed to impress again.
The so called “gqom king” just dropped a video via Fact Magazine for the track Ice Drop taken from the EP that came out last November on Goon Club Allstars.
This amazing video takes straight to Kwa-Dabeka in Durban SA. The stunning drone shots not only describe the landscapes of Dj Lag’s township but its cultural complexity and its music and dance scene.
What’s more, the iconic taxis surrounding skilful bhenga dancers – like the Mexican Boys – are diligently captured by director Chris Kets.
If Woza Taxi hadn’t been enough, this video will make you want to go straight to Durban.
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Hot Ice | Spoek Mathambo and Lars Iversen’s new project - April 22, 2017
- Vengo dal Basso | Laïoung’s new video featuring Guè Pequeno is writing history - March 31, 2017
- No Sleep | A book for ’90s flyer art nostalgics - March 22, 2017
- Adrienne Fidelin | Man Ray’s “Missing Muse” was the first black model in an American fashion magazine - March 9, 2017
- Lost In My Mind | Ibeyi are back with new charming single - March 2, 2017