Well, it might sound incredible but next summer Grace Jones will come to Europe to open some festivals. Not a real tour but for those who deeply love the Queen of Gay Discos, the lady with a unique and inimitable style who inspired Andy Warhol and many other creatives and artists, this is definetely a not-to-be-missed opportunity.
Three upcoming performance dates in Europe and one (to be confirmed) in US:
Park Life | Manchester | June 6-7th – ticket on sale
British Summer Time | Hyde Park | June 21 – ticket on sale from January 26
Festival No6 | Wales | Portmeirion | September 3-6
Hollywood Bowl | Los Angeles | September 27
If I had to choose according to statements – it seems that Grace has promised to bring a spectacular set to the Parklife stage, fusing disco, funk, pop and punk – I would certainly opt for June 6-7. But given that the location of Festival No6, Portmeirion, is sometihng of incredibilile beauty, and that in any place you put Grace, she is always divine, I would definitely go on September.
Grace Jones released her latest album, Hurricane, in 2008 but rumors say she is currently working on a new record.
Latest posts by Johanne Affricot (see all)
- ‘Omg’ | Sampa The Great’s new album ‘The Return’ is addictive - July 22, 2019
- ‘Zero’ | Antonio Distefano’s Netflix series unveils a young generation of black Italians - July 9, 2019
- “Black Models. From Géricault to Matisse” is the exhibition we needed - July 9, 2019
- Art Comes First X Calik Denim | “Is breathing optional?” - February 22, 2019
- ‘Velvet’ | Iggy LDN’s short-film brings knife deaths back to life - December 6, 2018