Are you passionate music experts with an in-depth knowledge of all musical genres but you cannot remember any singer’s name, song or sound that draws inspiration from electric blue witch hop? Stay calm. Your limitless knowledge will not be questioned.
We are talking about a one-of-a-kind music genre created by Estère to better introduce herself and her music.
The 21-year-old New-Zealander-Cameroonian beat-meaker and songwriter explained that “Electric stands for the electronic element of music, Blue is the colour that her mind paints when she writes or listens to music; Witch, is the magic between her and Lola, her MPC, and Hop is the dynamic rythm she refers to as hoppy hop beat.
So it is not strange to quickly make a mark on the underground music scene when you start writing and producing music – in your bedroom mostly – getting a strong niche of followers on youtube and then opening for Erika Badu and most recently for Lucas Santtana in his Italian tour. Not to mention her collaboration with DC-born MC & Producer Oddisee.
Compared to the likes of Erykah Badu and Kimbra, with a personal beating that include synth, guitar, bass, drums, vocal harmonies, whistles, keyboard, kazoo, claps, and anything else that might take her fancy, we are pretty sure the child of Culture Clash will come a long way.
The digital version of the album is free and available to download.
Check out Estère playing with Lola.
Latest posts by Johanne Affricot (see all)
- Benin Royal Museum | David Adjaye to design the museum housing artifacts stolen in the colonial era - September 23, 2019
- ‘Omg’ | Sampa The Great’s new album ‘The Return’ is addictive - July 22, 2019
- ‘Zero’ | Antonio Distefano’s Netflix series unveils a young generation of black Italians - July 9, 2019
- “Black Models. From Géricault to Matisse” is the exhibition we needed - July 9, 2019
- Art Comes First X Calik Denim | “Is breathing optional?” - February 22, 2019