Anohni’s new single, Drone Bomb Me, has just been released. It comes straight from the Hopelessness album, coming out on May 6th.
The track has just had its radio debut in Annie Mac show on BBC Radio.
During the interview, the singer, coming from the boycott of the latests Oscars – her Manta Ray was nominated in the Best Song category – has stated: “It’s a love song from the perspective of a girl from Afghanistan whose family has been killed by a drone bomb, she looks up to the sky and just wants to be killed by a drone bomb too.”
“Anohni and I met seven years ago and it instantly felt like we were meant to cross paths”, Tisci told Vogue “We share the same vision of life, love and beauty. We have kept collaborating ever since. So when she asked me to Art Direct the video for her new single, ‘Drone Bomb Me’, I immediately knew it was going to be one of those projects you remember for life.”
“We sat in a room and threw ideas around and realised we were obsessed with the same things, an ideal of beauty that Naomi Campbell embodies to perfection. Luckily, she is a dear friend, so when we called her and offered for her to be Anohni’s avatar in the video, she jumped on board in a second. We discussed the concept and made her Givenchy custom pieces in the mood of the video: the result was this beautiful under the ground trip that was the most emotional thing to shoot, because it was so deep and powerful, as is the friendship that ties me to Naomi and Anohni.”
Watch the video.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Open Call For Images | GRIOT curates next Guest Room over at Der Greif - June 15, 2020
- Watch Audre Lorde – The Berlin Years 1984-1992 - June 7, 2020
- George Floyd and Italy | The (black) grass is always greener on the other side of the fence - June 3, 2020
- ‘INNER’ | Italian-Congolese producer BLCKEBY invites us to join his inner world - May 23, 2020
- ‘Made in Africa’ | Netflix celebrates Africa month with over 100 films, series and docs - May 19, 2020