Anohni’s new single, Drone Bomb Me, has just been released. It comes straight from the Hopelessness album, coming out on May 6th.
The track has just had its radio debut in Annie Mac show on BBC Radio.
During the interview, the singer, coming from the boycott of the latests Oscars – her Manta Ray was nominated in the Best Song category – has stated: “It’s a love song from the perspective of a girl from Afghanistan whose family has been killed by a drone bomb, she looks up to the sky and just wants to be killed by a drone bomb too.”
“Anohni and I met seven years ago and it instantly felt like we were meant to cross paths”, Tisci told Vogue “We share the same vision of life, love and beauty. We have kept collaborating ever since. So when she asked me to Art Direct the video for her new single, ‘Drone Bomb Me’, I immediately knew it was going to be one of those projects you remember for life.”
“We sat in a room and threw ideas around and realised we were obsessed with the same things, an ideal of beauty that Naomi Campbell embodies to perfection. Luckily, she is a dear friend, so when we called her and offered for her to be Anohni’s avatar in the video, she jumped on board in a second. We discussed the concept and made her Givenchy custom pieces in the mood of the video: the result was this beautiful under the ground trip that was the most emotional thing to shoot, because it was so deep and powerful, as is the friendship that ties me to Naomi and Anohni.”
Watch the video.
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Watch these | 3 pieces of advice to ease your big-screen nostalgia - January 18, 2021
- Towards more social contact | GRIOT’s new projects and collaborations - December 30, 2020
- ‘Masterkush’ | This is the brand new PNKSAND - December 8, 2020
- Ibrahim Mahama e Melaku Belay (Fendika Cultural Center) receive 2020 Prince Claus Awards - December 6, 2020
- ‘Not Fully Human, Not Human At All’ explores Europe’s processes of dehumanization - November 15, 2020