Within the past few years, conversations surrounding diversity and inclusivity in the fashion and art industries have become so widespread to the extent that it has become questionable as to whether the industries’ sporadically skewed view on the matter as a trend has resulted in more bad than it has good.
“Even corporations which have been compelled by the best of intentions in attempts to join the movement, have instead found themselves under fire for further enforcing racial and cultural stereotypes; as a result of approaching the issues from imprecise or desultory points of view,” as read on Vogue.
Friday, November 14th
Base Milano, Via Bergognone, 34
Talk in English
Tell us about a project or news you would like to read on GRIOT. Write to email@example.com
Latest posts by GRIOT (see all)
- Here is what our ‘(Memorie) In Ascolto [Listening Memories] looked like - November 28, 2019
- ‘(Memorie) In Ascolto’ | Feed the memory, strengthen the memory, transmit the memory - November 28, 2019
- ‘Living Grains’ | Ibrahim Mahama’s first solo exhibition in Rome - November 18, 2019
- Blue, purple, red | Women, blackness, injustice and revoultion in Mary Sibande’s Uk solo show - November 13, 2019
- A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM | Deconstructing stereotypes at Photo Vogue Festival - November 7, 2019